Friday, July 29, 2011

Post Op

Well it's been 5 weeks since my surgery and am feeling pretty good, still a little sore.  Surgery went pretty good except for the fact I lost a lot of blood during surgery. I went back to work after 2 weeks leave, at that point I was still very sore.  The prescribed narcotics I'm on are helping quite a bit, but the military doesn't like you being on narcotics for long so they've  got me down to about half the dose I initially was on.  I am managing with that.  Hopefully I will be completely healed in another month or so.

I am very happy with the results of my surgery, it is so nice to have a nice flat belly again.  Having babies sure can ruin a woman's figure.  I have been buying clothes in smaller sizes already too, but am still not able to do PT until I'm completely healed.  I can't wait!  I am doing what I can like walking and some upper body weights and swimming.  I am a stomach sleeper so sleeping on my back for the last 5 weeks really does suck, even with sleeping pills.

They sedated me a different way this time. I got whatever they gave me intravenously and not through a mask over my face.  Last time I had surgery with a mask over my face, I can remember slipping off to la la land.  With the IV, I remember talking to everyone one minute, next minute was out cold.  They even intubated me.  I awoke from the surgery just as they wheeled me out of recovery.  The place where I got my surgery was a private clinic in Barrie. I preferred getting it done privately rather than a hospital.  The place is a huge mansion facing the lake. After recovery they wheeled me into the recovery room whiched faced the lake. I am still a bit swollen but this surgery was worth every second of the pain I went through and the $9000 I paid.  This time next year I will be in a bikini as the incision for the procedure is below my bikini line will have healed by then.

Once I got into the OR and had everything hooked up I wasn't scared or nervous at all. I could feel Zachery with me, and  I was prepared for whatever outcome and glad the outcome I wanted came through.

The fol week I was admitted to the hospital for a day as  while I was waiting for a script to be filled at the Base Pharmacy, the Nurse Practitioner who takes care of me, noticed I was very white and didn't look well.  She sent me to get blood work done and sure enough was admitted. I was looking and feeling anemic because of the amount of blood I lost during surgery.  They first thought I had a blood clot in my lung and had to do an MRI.

Have you ever had to get an MRI?

It was my first time getting one done and I had to drink this nasty stuff and once you drink it and it goes through you, and they do what they do you feel like you have gone pee!  You get this sensation like you have just gone pee. Seriously.  What a strange sensation.  I was paranoid thinking I had a blood clot but thankfully they were wrong and found out I had a slight pneumonia. Rather have that, than a blood clot.  I never did tell my Dad about my surgery, he worries way to much about me as it is.

I know for a fact Zachery was with me during my surgery, I could feel his presence all around me.  I am glad everything went the way I wanted it to go with only a slight complication..

I am also glad that I got this surgery before a breast reduction.  That being said, the numbing you get from the incision, I def don't want that up top so I think I have had a change of heart to get it done now.  The mil staff at the Base Hospital have been so good to me, especially Dr A, and Dr Q.  Again anyone wanting this done it is def worth the money and pain you go through, at 42 having a nice flat belly is awesome..

I would say another month my swelling will be down and I will post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment